First posted: Apr 19, 2017
Frosted Turmeric and Ginger Shakes
You probably already know that Turmeric is a neat little food superhero – but did you know that it goes beyond anti-inflammatory properties all the way to aiding digestion, and can support metabolic efficiency? It also does a really good job or protecting our livers. Here, in a pretty frosted shake that looks like liquid sunshine, it’s hard not to love. Add in a grating of fresh ginger for extra immune-boosting benefits and you’re golden. Literally. (Oh, and it’s just as delicious warm on a chilly night, maybe with a hint of cinnamon)
Lastly, see my guide to making home made nut milk over here, it’s easy peasy.
Cooks in: Serves:2
- 450 ml cold milk of your choice (cow's milk, nut milk, rice milk or even coconut milk)
- 1-2 tsp ground turmeric (or 1 Tbsp grated fresh turmeric root)
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1-2 tsp honey or maple syrup to sweeten (optional)
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
What to do
Add all of the ingredients to your blender along with 1/2 cup ice and blend until smooth, icy and frothy. Serve immediately over more ice if you like. Photo Credit: Curtis Gallon
Add all of the ingredients to your blender along with 1/2 cup ice and blend until smooth, icy and frothy. Serve immediately over more ice if you like.
Photo Credit: Curtis Gallon