First posted: Jan 15, 2018
Grain-Free Power Porridge
Hey friends!! This grain-free Power Porridge was one of my favourite finds last year, and I owe you a thousand apologies that it’s taken me so long to share with you all! It’s literally life-changing – refined-carb conscious, full of countless natural proteins and omegas that keep you full and energised all morning, plus! the added fibre, vitamins and minerals of bananas. And it’s completely delicious. What more could you want from a breakfast?
Cooks in: Serves:1
- 2 Tbsp ground almonds
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp pea protein powder (or hemp or whey)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ ripe banana, mashed
- ½ cup hot water
- ½ cup nut milk of your choice
- A dash of honey or maple syrup
- Extra fresh fruits such as bananas or berries
- Handful chopped toasted nuts
- Small handful raisins or dried cranberries
- ½ grated apple or pear
- 1 Tbsp nut butter of your choice
What to do
1. Add all of the porridge ingredients to a medium sized non-stick pot, and cook gently over a low heat for 3- 5 minutes, stirring often. 2. Transfer to bowl, add desired toppings and enjoy. Notes Photo Credit @Curtis Gallon
Measure out a large jar full of all of the ingredients (in their relevant quantities) so that you can scoop out what you need each morning.
Make ahead tip: add 1/3 cup of the dry porridge mixture along with the banana and milk and leave in the fridge overnight. In the morning, add in the hot water and enjoy on the go or at your desk.
1. Add all of the porridge ingredients to a medium sized non-stick pot, and cook gently over a low heat for 3- 5 minutes, stirring often.
2. Transfer to bowl, add desired toppings and enjoy.
Photo Credit @Curtis Gallon