First posted: Jun 6, 2018
Cashew Breakfast Shakes
This is kind of like a breakfast milkshake, but full of goodness – what could be better? I love making these for busy days and breakfast on the go.
Cooks in: Serves:2
- ½ cup raw cashew nuts
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 pitted dates
- 2 shots hot espresso
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla paste or extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 frozen banana (optional)
- Ice cubes (if preferred cold)
What to do
1. Soak the dates in the hot espresso for 5 minutes to soften. Photo Credit @Curtis Gallon
2. Place everything into a blender. Add ice cubes if a cold shake is preferred. Blend on the until smooth.
3. Transfer to small glass jars and enjoy.
1. Soak the dates in the hot espresso for 5 minutes to soften.
Photo Credit @Curtis Gallon